Company Name: Astar Capital Management
Job Title: Human Resources and Talent Acquisition Manager
Location: Milwaukee, WI.
Cardinal Capital and Astar Capital Management are a national housing developer based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with more than 8,500 units of housing across Wisconsin, Iowa, Colorado, and Arizona. We work closely with clients and partners to create housing and provide services that meet the needs of our residents.
Our growing organization is seeking an energetic, team-focused, results driven, experienced human resources professional to lead the process of human resources and recruitment. Your focus will be to drive high-quality hiring for our various locations and to provide HR assistance/guidance to the organization. You will work with hiring managers to help make their jobs easier.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for full cycle of recruiting including sourcing, conducting phone interviews, coordinating interview schedules, presenting qualified candidates, reviewing pre-employment assessment results and background checks, conducting reference checks, and the applicant and candidate communications (approximately 45-50% of your time will be allocated to recruitment).
- Identify and managing recruiting strategy for assigned business areas; source qualified candidates through the effective use of strategic sourcing via creative resources; direct sourcing, social media, networking, pipelining, cold calling, candidate mining, etc.
- Onboarding including new hire paperwork and processing
- Compensation – ensure compliance with FLSA regulations as well as monitoring budgeting for various business areas.
- Benefits administration – Liaison to the employees regarding any benefits questions or considerations. Educate employees when necessary and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Safety/Labor Compliance – Safety training as well as workers comp reporting.
- Affirmative Action – compliance and oversight of affirmative action needs.
- Knowledge of COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ACA, HIPAA, EEOC
- Workers Compensation claims including - Prepare the first report of injury and maintains records of accidents for OSHA reporting. Monitors existing Workers' Compensation claims and ensures that progress is made in rehabilitating employees. Coordinates the Return to Work program.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Performance improvement plans and corrective actions
- Address employee concerns and directs employees to appropriate internal and external resources as needed
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma or degree in Business, Human Resources or related experience (minimum of an Associate’s Degree required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a high volume talent acquisition role
- Service-oriented to build long-lasting internal and external working relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet recruiting goals
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Thank you for your interest in working for Cardinal Capital Management, Inc. We welcome you to submit your cover letter and resume to be considered for future employment to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (608)-501-1332.
FREQUENT STAFFING NEEDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Property Maintenance and Administration - Milwaukee area